Sunday, October 04, 2009

Caleeeefornia

I had to go to LA/Santa Monica for business last week. This is my third trip to LA/second for business. The trip out wasn't bad as I was able to get a direct flight and got upgraded. Although the First Class in American Airlines is not as good as a Continental flight it was still First Class.



My organization launched Domestic Violence Awareness Month with Tim Gunn on October 1 in Santa Monica. He is an absolute delight and I was glad I got to take a pic with him. When I met him in NYC a couple years ago my hair was in a banana clip so I wasn't pleased with the pic.




We also got to go see a taping of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson since Tim was on the show that taped Thursday night. I had never seen a taping of the show and I have to tell you it was wonderful. He is highly entertaining.


We ate at a couple of good restaurants while there. The first one was Houston's only because I wanted to taste the burger there as it was on the Top 20 burger list in GQ. This one did not do a thing for me. Not good.

Next, we ate at Gladstones after our event where I had a fabulous order of crab cakes. Delicious!

I also saw the son-in-law from the Cosby Show. He was leaving as we were being seated. Also took photos of the beach while heading to lunch.





On Thursday night we ate at the Lobster where I had a delicious sole for dinner. This is a happening place as it is right at the entrance to the Santa Monica Pier. Friday we left a little after lunch so we went to In-N-Out Burger where I had a cheeseburger and fries. There were very good and I can see why it is always busy. The only thing that bothered me was that the planes fly entirely too close to the highway as they are landing.


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: