Monday, July 31, 2006

more travel....

It's been a while since I posted -- so I'll first catch up on latest travels.....at the end of June I went to DC for work for a meeting on our upcoming Gala. This was around the time that DC was having those horrendous floods. Our plane was delayed going in and we finally got in six hours later and had to stay in a shady part of Arlington; we are always getting our hotel reservations late and this time we definitely paid for that. We left right after the meeting so it was an in and out trip.

The purpose of the trip was to have a tasting for our Gala dinner and to have a walk-through at Union Station where the event is to be held. This was my first tasting and I LOVED it. The food was all great (except for one nasty tasting piece) and it's the first time I had butternut squash soup. It was devine. It is going to be a great event and the food is going to taste amazing.

Next up was NYC in mid-July. This was a meeting for our upcoming summit. Quinton Tarantino was on the same flight going and coming through Newark. Nancy Kerrigan was checking into our hotel when we were checking in. I never see celebs in NY so this was eventful for me. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt and it was so nice. The staff there was excellent -- definitely the best hotel I have ever stayed in while in NYC.

No other big trips planned until September.

No comments: