Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All I want for Christmas.....

Did you ever going rifling through your parents closets when you were a kid hoping to find your Christmas presents? Come on -- you know you did! Well, I did. And I got caught red-handed one year.

I can still remember that purple purse that I begged and begged my parents for months leading up to Christmas.


One day my parents left the house to go shopping, so me being the sneaky gal that I am, pulled up a chair to my parents closet and ransacked it trying to find that purse. I was so into the search that I didn't even hear my mom coming back in the house. Not until she walked in the room and saw me hugging, I mean admiring that beautiful purple purse.

She was so disappointed in me -- but deep down she knew I was going to do it or else she wouldn't have set me up like that. And I fell for it hook, line and sinker. And that beautiful purple purse, returned to the store never to be seen again.

At least that's how I remember the story. But in reality they may have given me a red purse and my sister the beautiful purple purse. Just imagine where my life would be now if I had that purple purse. I'd probably be living in Paris as a fashion designer with my own label -- Just Denise!

And the moral of the story kids -- if you're going to go snooping, make certain the parents leave the house, turn the corner and are gone for at least 5 minutes before proceeding.

** Note: I am positive that beautiful purple purse looked nothing like the one pictured but that's the only stylish purple purse I could find online.

No comments: