Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicago Blackhawks in Dallas

I was lucky enough to get away and go to the Blackhawks game in Dallas recently. Oh how I love watching hockey - especially my Chicago team! For some reason they always seem to lose whenever I see them in Dallas which is really bad for me because Dallas has some obnoxious fans. And, of course, I wear my Patrick Sharp jersey to all the games I go to so my allegiance is right up front.
This time was no different. We went early so I could get good photos of them practicing. And I was pleasantly surprised to find our seats right next to the players bench! I don't know how lucky the players thought it was - they are just trying to do their jobs and there is this woman snapping 600 pictures of them while they are trying to concentrate or weep in peace. (Sorry Duncan Keith)
(note: that photo is with my iPhone with no zoom!)

Several fans in our area started heckling the players and there were quite a few Blackhawks fans around me so for a while there I thought some punches were going to be thrown. But it wasn't to be -- there were plenty of fights on the ice though. And yes they lost.

(in case you can't see the slide show and want to see all 156 photos I took...here you go: Chicago Blackhawks at Dallas Stars, March 17, 2011)

Until next time Blackhawks.

No comments: