Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

I. Am. Obsessed. With. The. Pioneer. Woman. Website.

There I've said it. I've known about her site for a while but never really looked at it. Sure I clicked on links to a recipe or photo tutorial but that was the extent of it. I'm the type of person who shuns popular things so the more I heard about her the more I avoided going to her site.

Examples of my shunning:

Harry Potter? Never read the books and only saw the first movie a month ago.

Twilight Saga? Never read the books and thought everyone camping out for the movies were nuts. Finally saw the first one about six months ago. Ehh.

Bachelor/Bahelorette? No thanks.

Top Chef? No thanks. But I'll watch Food Network 24/7.

Ok, I think you get the picture. So anyway, I'm on her site via another blog link and see this cute western pic and it says Love Story or something like that so of course my antennae perk up.



I proceed to read the first post of "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" and absolutely fall in love with the story. I read it in two days (I had to get some sleep and it was 40+ chapters) and then was looking around for the rest of their story. I was close to asking her if she was going to write a book because I'd definitely buy it but I restrained myself because I didn't want to scare her.

So I stayed up until 1:30 am this morning reading stuff on her site. Then when I got home what did I do? The work I brought home with me you ask? Not exactly. I went back to her site and am making my way from the present all the way through her old blog posts. It will probably take me a couple of years but I'm determined!

Did I mention she also has a cookbook out so, of course, I immediately go to Amazon and have them ship it to me 2-day service so I can have something to read this weekend. Never mind the 300+ books in my "To Be Read" pile. I'll get to those after I finish reading her entire website.

And yes she did turn her love story into a book and possibly a movie too!

Now I need to find a way to have her invite me to her lodge for a cooking class. And while I'm at it, I'm going to find me my own cattlerancher who looks good in chaps. She makes it look so fun!!

Giddyup.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: