Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goodbye Oprah Winfrey Show

Oh Oprah. After 25 years she's saying goodbye to her popular television show this month. Now I'll be honest and say I used to watch her show religiously. TiVo'd it every single day.

During my stint in Washington, DC my friend Renata and I made the trek to Chicago to watch a taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show. It was my first time in Chicago and I fell in love with the city. The taping of the show was everything you'd expect (no camera's so no pics) but we unfortunately had a bad show. It was titled something like "Get Something for Nothing" -- on how to get things free in life. Didn't help me one iota. I would have gotten more out of being at one of her "Favorite Things" taping but no! I'm not bitter or anything.

When I lived in Waco and didn't have TiVo one tv station even had the previous week repeated at midnight which was fabulous for a night owl like me.

Then I got DirectTV and they didn't let me keep my TiVo and in a show of defiance I refused to get their digital recording device. That'll show them!

So, since then I've been Oprah free. Until she went and bought her OWN station (literally and figuratively). Now I'm hooked on Oprah all over again through her Behind the Scenes series. It's genius I tell ya!

When I saw on her website that she was giving away tickets to two of her final shows I had to sign up. I even signed up for two different contests - one for you and a guest (and you had to name your guest so I put my momma because she never goes anywhere); and the other was a paid trip for you and four friends. Alas I won neither but I hope everyone who was lucky enough to win has a blast.

I am sure Oprah will do well in whatever she tackles next...and I'm sure I'll watch.

I'll leave the post with my two favorite quotes of Oprah's:

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."


and if you take nothing else from Oprah's show all these years --take this:

"Listen to the whisper."


Peace out O!







1 comment:

carla said...

checking in on your HARDCORE BADASS #fitafterfitbloggin self :)

Miz.