Friday, September 11, 2009

New York in December (2008)

It's no secret that I am a big NASCAR fan - I happened to be in NYC in December '08 when I noticed a race car on a side street in NY. I did some research and found that it was NASCAR Week. WooHoo. I stood outside Cipriani while the top 12 drivers had lunch. Saw so many NASCAR related folks. Met some great folks while waiting in line. One of those gals, Terrie, emailed me to let me know I had made it on to a NASCAR blog (see photo below).

I am a huge Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan and when I found out that you could meet him by purchasing some of his new glassware at Macy's I jumped on it. I was sure my family wouldn't mind getting Dale Jr. beer mugs for Christmas. It was a mob scene there but by golly I did it. Met him and he was very nice.




I also got lucky that the Rockefeller tree was being lit while I was there! Bonus! I headed out there and it was FREEZING!!! I couldn't hang. I ended up leaving shortly before it was to be on TV so I could catch it at the hotel. I have never been so cold in my life. I think I still have a chill from it -- come to think of it I was awfully sick last Dec/Jan and missed so much work.....connection?


I also went to a show of the Radio City Rockette's. It was quite a show. I am so glad I was able to share the show with Sydni in Austin on New Year's Eve.

I also went on a little tour of NYC so I could see all the holiday lights. NYC is beautiful at Christmas!!



You can see all my Christmas in NY photos here. And all my Nascar week photos here.

No comments: