Monday, February 07, 2011

"A Family is a Gift that Lasts Forever" Mini Scrapbook


This mini scrapbook goes back to Mother's Day 2005 and is something that I absolutely treasure. It sits on my desk at my office and brings a smile to my face every time I see it. I made one each for me, my mom and my sister to get a snapshot of the kids favorite things, their handwriting and what they felt for each of us at 4 1/2 years old. Their answers were so funny and at that age, writing that much for 3 different books was not fun -- I had to do them with the kids in batches and in secret.









These do take time to complete but they are fairly easy to make and is something you will always look back on with fondness. I had completely forgotten that Caleb used to call me "Mr. Bossy Pants" until I saw it written down. I can't wait for him to wake up in the morning so I can remind him of this. I can actually hear him saying the words now. Or maybe I won't remind him - he may start calling me "Ms. Crabby Pants" now that he knows the difference between Mr. and Ms.

I've gotten out of the habit of scrapbooking but revisiting this book makes me want to start again. Maybe I'll try digital scrapbooking now. I plan to make Valentine's mini scrapbooks for the kids this year and will post those when they are done -- probably on the 15th.

I can always tell I've given someone a good gift if I make them cry. I know that's horrible of me but it makes all the hard work worth it.
handmade projects

No comments: