Sunday, January 02, 2011

I {love} my Amazon Kindle

So I bought myself an Amazon Kindle for Christmas this year and absolutely love it!

I would say I don't know if I will ever buy another paper book again, but alas I did just that last week. There are certain books I will always buy in hard copy because I plan on reading those when I am old, frail and have nothing else to do. But now my first preference for purchasing books will be via Kindle. Hell, knowing me I will buy them in hard copy, Kindle and Audible. And I love that I can read the same book on my iPhone or iPad and it syncs location so I am on the same page no matter which device I use to read. They also offer so many free books via Kindle from the classics to current books as a promotion. Who doesn't love free stuff!

I thought the fact that it doesn't have a backlight to read in bed would be a fault, but since I bought a sleek little cover with a built-in book light that is not a concern.

Another concern was the battery but I find that it lasts quite a long time. And since I don't use my iPhone to read as much anymore, it saves the iPhone battery too. Bonus!

As you might have surmised, I am very happy with my latest electronics purchase!

** Pics from Amazon **

No comments: