Saturday, January 01, 2011

Welcome 2011

As I've written before, I don't normally write out New Year's resolutions because I don't stick to them. And coming up with New Year's Goals as I did in 2010 wasn't much different.

So I'm not doing either. BUT, I'm going to make some observations of life that I hope to improve on in 2011.

{family}

We lost a dear Aunt on December 27 - my dad's sister Tia Nono - and this brought to mind again that we don't see each other as a family as often as we should. Tia was in a nursing home for year's and because it hurt me to see her in there I didn't visit her often. I kept up with how she was doing because my mother was her primary guardian and she saw her often. At her funeral I saw family members I hadn't seen in years. This isn't how we should see family and especially shouldn't see someone only if it's pleasant for you. I'm not going to let so much time go by before seeing my family again.

{health}

I have been on and off Weight Watchers all year. I do great for a while then go weeks of chowing down on anything I can get my hands on. Since Thanksgiving I have been eating like it's going out of style. Next week is my day of reckoning on the scale. Eek! I'm going to get a handle on this emotional and binge eating and recognize why I do both. Also going to stop coming up with excuses to not work out. And continue my healthy cooking including posting recipes on my food blog.

{opportunities}

I am not traveling for work any longer as I am now doing Internet marketing at my job. But that doesn't mean I can't go traveling on my own. I'm going to look for new places to visit and take advantage of opportunities given to me to expand my horizons.

May you all have a wonderful and joyous 2011.

No comments: