Monday, January 03, 2011

OWN -- the new Oprah Winfrey Network

When I first heard Oprah was going to have her own channel, I thought "seriously?!". What more could she have to say that she hasn't already shared on her show?

I'm glad there was a full day of college football and nothing good on the Food Channel on New Year's Day or else I probably would not have given her new channel a chance. I sat through her Guide to OWN and thought this could be interesting. The Behind the Scenes shows were enough to make me want to watch as I am nosey enough to be interested in what goes on with the staff.

But then I watched her All Stars show with Dr. Oz, Suze Orman and Dr. Phil and I knew I was hooked on this channel. These three powerhouses answered viewer questions and just made the two-hour show fly by. I hope this is a weekly show for OWN as I may have some questions to ask.

Another show I am looking forward to watching on OWN is the Gayle King radio show. I've always adored Gayle and thought she has so much to offer on TV. She is the one who got me on to the hamburger list after all.

** Pics from the OWN website **

No comments: